Thursday, December 10, 2015

“HAIR IS AN EXTENSION OF THE NERVOUS SYSTEM” – WHY NATIVE AMERICANS KEEP THEIR HAIR LONG...




There is some interesting information out there about hair and the role it plays in intuition and the nervous system.
Keeping one’s hair long is viewed as a choice. The style is personal preference, and people who keep their hair long are viewed as hippies, hipsters, or just plain lazy. However, a whole different story emerged during the time of the Vietnam war.



It seems that during the Vietnam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Native American Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival.
With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these Native American trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to disappear mysteriously, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistently that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer ‘sense’ the enemy. They could no longer access a ‘sixth sense’, their ‘intuition’ no longer was reliable, they could not ‘read’ subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information.
So the testing institute recruited more Native American trackers, let them keep their long hair, and tested them in multiple areas. Then they would pair two men together who had received the same scores on all the tests. They would let one man in the pair keep his hair long, and gave the other man a military haircut. Then the two men retook the tests.

Here is a standardized test:
The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed ‘enemy’ approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible.
In another version of this test, the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his ‘sixth sense‘ and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and ‘kills’ him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him.
photo-1023416_1280

How is this possible? It all has to do with how we as humans have evolved. Every part of the body has a purpose, and when we lose touch with ourselves and our bodies, we lose the true power we have.
Hair, like skin, is an extension of the nervous system, it may be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved ‘feelers’ or ‘antennae’ that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brainstem, the limbic system, and the neocortex.

18 comments:

  1. I totally believe this, as I have very long hair and can sense the slightest things that most people can't. Hair is considered dead cells, but when someone touches even the ends of my hair I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here I'm Cherokee Indian and my hair is long and I can sense what most can't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Mohawk n Cherokee Indian n I can sense when something bad is going to happen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lived both with short hair and long hair... and have felt the disconnect.

    I am currently growing my hair back out despite the wishes of others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PEOPLE OF THE ISLE OF SAMOA IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC ARE SAID YO BE THE BEST LOOKING RACE OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PEOPLE OF THE ISLE OF SAMOA IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC ARE SAID YO BE THE BEST LOOKING RACE OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ^ FUNNY..SO ARE THE PEOPLE FROM JALOS...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got that right! They are awesomely beautiful and the sexiest men on this or any other planet !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree with this. As i also have very long, thick, and sraight hair. I am Yaqui.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would certainly agree with this, I have had at least rather long hair all my life, and I can sense and understand things that I sometimes feel others can not. I have a bit a Cherokee in my ancestry, and although it is not a lot, I sometimes feel that it is a very prominent part of who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im actually growing my hair long now. I want it to grow past my lower back. It is shoulder length now. I am part Chippewa and feel it is necessary to grow it long. I love native hair! My fav native with long hair was Richard Twiss, a Lakota Sioux.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted my hair down to my knees...it is about lower back length right now.

      Delete
  12. Im actually growing my hair long now. I want it to grow past my lower back. It is shoulder length now. I am part Chippewa and feel it is necessary to grow it long. I love native hair! My fav native with long hair was Richard Twiss, a Lakota Sioux.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting read. I am a very sistative person pretty much in every way my body is sensitive to sounds and tough my eyes to light, to sunny with out any clouds like texas and I get migraines
    I have always felt the eb and flow of energy in all things, trees and plants even durt have a mellow gently but very active flow, animals its more well vibrant or almost pulsing with animals and people it has a lot to do with there personality, even rocks and sticks have a tranquil gently rolling almost sleep sort of energy And really none of these discrips seam even remotely accurate to me because dipping into the essence of a plant animal or even the land is completely out side of the human words it more feeling or sensation than thought.
    for the longest time I thought every one could see the world the way I do I think I was at least 14 or 15 before I realized how little of it they actually see or feel :( definitely made since why they didn't care if they could feel.

    I cant even live in or near cities with out struggling with anger and depression because all the energy around me feels wrong, sick, diseased or corrupt in some way :(
    And the minds of the people all crammed in to such a small area its like the buzzing of hundreds or thousands of flies or maybe wasps its this mindless chittering at the back of my awareness all the time. Some times I just want to grab my head curl in to a ball and just cry.

    I never considered that my hair could be adding in the connection in any way I just new I loved having long hair and hated not having long hair kind of like part of me was missing (its only been shorter than mid back twice in my life.

    I cant really say weather I have any native american in me since my family records only seem to go back about 3 generations but it is fairly likely on my mom's side and who knows on my dads LoL How ever I very strongly believe we are all children of nature and behold to her laws weather we care to acknowledge them or not.
    I tell people we are still animals deep down and that is not meant in a negative way to the humans. In many ways its the animals, plants and our great mother taking the worst from our refusal to acknowledge our place in the greater ballance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is true....I am a Lakota and my hair is below my knees. Not only is there a sixth sense but other animals feel the energy the hair transmits....especially horses....

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of us have gifts and unique talents. Hair is an extent of the gift.

    ReplyDelete